Old 04-01-2008, 07:10 PM
James

Default Nvidia drivers

hello,

I have a couple of old 32bit amd athlon XP systems:

They have very old, no longer supported nvidia cards:

NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] && NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]

All ebuilds that could satisfy
"x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers" have been masked"

These systems are used to run jffnms, postgresql rrdtool
to show network devices and their status. Nothing fancy
just 2D and kde.

These cards were supported by the Nvidia legacy driver
but now that's gone there is no support for these cards.
So I guess I'd like to replace them with something that
is open source on the driver, so as to keep support a long time.
(perhaps an old ATI card?)
I think they are AGP 4 motherboards.

I intend to use them for a long time as to drive a graphical
display for network monitoring and management.

Any low cost suggestions are most welcome, particularly something
that is open source on the driver, so I can keep them useful
for a long time.

James

Old 04-01-2008, 07:16 PM
"Prado, Renato (R.)"

Did you try the "nv" and "nouveau" drivers for your current card?