Old 04-01-2008, 05:36 PM
James

Default 2008.0 install media

Hello

Anyone know what's up with this status page?

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/release/2008.0/index.xml

I've got several boxen that need to be installed so I was hoping to
test drive 2008.0....

James

Old 04-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Daniel Pielmeier

Read here www.gentoo.org

Old 04-01-2008, 05:40 PM
darren kirby

quoth the James:
> Hello
>
> Anyone know what's up with this status page?
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/release/2008.0/index.xml
>

> I've got several boxen that need to be installed so I was hoping to
> test drive 2008.0....
>

> James

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20080401-release-beta1.xml

-d

Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Pongracz Istvan

2008. 04. 1, kedd keltezĂ©ssel 17.36-kor James ezt Ă*rta:
> Hello
>
> Anyone know what's up with this status page?
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/release/2008.0/index.xml
>

> I've got several boxen that need to be installed so I was hoping to
> test drive 2008.0....

Hi James,

I made a fresh 2007.0 profile based i686 optimized livecd + stage3 in
middle of March.
This is an U N O F F I C I A L release!!!
But I use the catalyst to create it, which is an excellent tool, thanks
to the release engineering team.

You can read/download it from here:
http://www.osbusiness.hu/?lang=en&page_name=gentoolinux

AFAIK the releng team are working on the next release (2008.0) but I do
not know the details.

Cheers,
István
--
BSA. Mert megérdemlitek.
Open Source. Mert megérdemlem.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:46 PM
James

Pongracz Istvan <pongracz.istvan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I've got several boxen that need to be installed so I was hoping to
> > test drive 2008.0....

> AFAIK the releng team are working on the next release (2008.0) but I do
> not know the details.

Thanks to all that responded. I guess I'll be messing around with the beta
versions.....

Thanks to all for info...
(I did not look at gentoo.org for a few days.....)

James