-   -   fonts in gitview (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/622946-fonts-gitview.html)

Jörg Schaible 01-19-2012 09:34 PM

fonts in gitview

Hi,

can anybody tell me, what font is used by gitview in the diff pane and how
to configure it? I did not use gitview for some time and cannot say, when
this started, but currently I get some kind of strange script font that is
hardly readable. I am normally working in a KDE4 environment.

Thanks,
Jörg

Frank Steinmetzger 01-22-2012 12:37 PM

fonts in gitview

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:34:22PM +0100, Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can anybody tell me, what font is used by gitview in the diff pane and how
> to configure it? I did not use gitview for some time and cannot say, when
> this started, but currently I get some kind of strange script font that is
> hardly readable. I am normally working in a KDE4 environment.

I can't tell you about gitview, but since you're using KDE -- there is a nice
Qt-based git viewer called qgit.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

55% of all oaks are deciduous trees -- still!

Jörg Schaible 02-15-2012 07:32 PM

fonts in gitview

Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anybody tell me, what font is used by gitview in the diff pane and how
> to configure it? I did not use gitview for some time and cannot say, when
> this started, but currently I get some kind of strange script font that is
> hardly readable. I am normally working in a KDE4 environment.

Ping. Anyone? I face the same unreadable font in Eclipse's Javadoc View for
all mono-spaced elements. Where is this system font coming from?

- Jörg

Florian Philipp 02-15-2012 08:01 PM

fonts in gitview

Am 15.02.2012 21:32, schrieb Jörg Schaible:
> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> can anybody tell me, what font is used by gitview in the diff pane and how
>> to configure it? I did not use gitview for some time and cannot say, when
>> this started, but currently I get some kind of strange script font that is
>> hardly readable. I am normally working in a KDE4 environment.
>
> Ping. Anyone? I face the same unreadable font in Eclipse's Javadoc View for
> all mono-spaced elements. Where is this system font coming from?
>
> - Jörg

To me, it looks very much like Luxi Mono. Luxi is also the last font I
find referenced in `strace gitview`. Look for it in
media-fonts/font-bh-ttf. Don't forget the X use flag (maybe).

Hope this helps,
Florian Philipp