Old 03-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Alan McKinnon

Default Cannot compile gcc-3.3.6-r1 using gcc-4.2.3

On Sunday 30 March 2008, Dale wrote:
> What I hate is when I come here and ask a question then right after
> hitting the send button, I realize it was something stupid I did.
> *Sort of makes me really think before I hit the send button now. *LOL

It's hitting the send button that gets you to the right answer ...
soooooo, if you don't click it you don't get the lightbulb moment :-)

I think you should stop thinking so much

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 03-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sunday 30 March 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:59:48 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > While cleaning up my machine, I unmerged gcc-3.3.6-r1 and the spare
> > quickpkg I had of it. Now virtual/libstdc++ needs it and the build
> > fails with the error:
>
> It doesn't need gcc-3.3, but that it the default it tries to install
> if none of the providers of this are available. Install
> sys-libs/libstdc++-v3 instead and the virtual will be happy.
>
> I'm sure the devs have a good reason for not making
> sys-libs/libstdc++-v3 the default libstdc++ but /I'm not going to try
> to guess what it may be ;-)

Yup, this works. Thanks Neil and Rudmer.

In hindsight the answer was there in the ebuild all the time. I should
have done what I usually do and read the thing!

Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Dale

Alan McKinnon wrote:

What I hate is when I come here and ask a question then right after
hitting the send button, I realize it was something stupid I did.
Sort of makes me really think before I hit the send button now. LOL

It's hitting the send button that gets you to the right answer ...
soooooo, if you don't click it you don't get the lightbulb moment :-)

I think you should stop thinking so much

True but I have cheated before. I compose the email but just put it in
the drafts folder, then wait a bit to see what happens. LOL Well, it
works sometimes. I don't make quite as big a fool as myself.

I sort of see the 'being in love' comment earlier tho. I'm nuts over
someone that I can't see right now because of distance. Plan to go see
her soon tho. Maybe that will help then again it may make it worse.

Dale