Old 12-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Jeff Cranmer

Default Error compiling phonon-gstreamer

Hi,

I'm getting an error when trying to emerge phonon-gstreamer on my
amdfam10 system. The compilation error is 'undefined reference to
'typeinfo for Phonon::StreamInterface'

Has anyone else seem this error? I'm trying to clear out all remaining
items in an emerge -NDuav world prior to debugging some kde startup
problems.

Thanks

Old 12-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Jeff Cranmer

On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 09:59 -0500, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting an error when trying to emerge phonon-gstreamer on my
> amdfam10 system. The compilation error is 'undefined reference to
> 'typeinfo for Phonon::StreamInterface'
>
> Has anyone else seem this error? I'm trying to clear out all remaining
> items in an emerge -NDuav world prior to debugging some kde startup
> problems.
>
> Thanks

PS: I'm not sure what package requires this. By individually updating
all the packages in world and system showing as updates, I now have the
situation where either an emerge -Duav system or emerge -Duav world only
returned new package media-libs/phonon-gstreamer as a requirement.
revdep-rebuild returns that my system is consistent without this
package.

Jeff

Old 12-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Michael Mol

--tree

Old 12-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Jeff Cranmer

On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 10:50 -0500, Michael Mol wrote:
> --tree

Sorry - please could you be a little more verbose? :-)

Old 12-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Pandu Poluan

On Dec 31, 2011 11:02 PM, "Jeff Cranmer" <jeff@lotussevencars.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 10:50 -0500, Michael Mol wrote:

> > --tree

> Sorry - please could you be a little more verbose? :-)

emerge -Duav --tree

Rgds,

Old 12-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Michael Mol

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff@lotussevencars.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 10:50 -0500, Michael Mol wrote:
>> --tree
>>
> Sorry - please could you be a little more verbose? :-)

Sorry, had about ten second to tap that out on my phone.

Add "--tree" to your emerge command-line.

Actually, among other things, I have "--verbose --tree --keep-going"
in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS in make.conf.

--
:wq

Old 12-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Dale

Jeff Cranmer wrote:

Hi,

I'm getting an error when trying to emerge phonon-gstreamer on my
amdfam10 system. The compilation error is 'undefined reference to
'typeinfo for Phonon::StreamInterface'

Has anyone else seem this error? I'm trying to clear out all remaining
items in an emerge -NDuav world prior to debugging some kde startup
problems.

Thanks

I'm getting the same here and there is a thread on the forums about it.
On the forums someone posted that changing a USE flag fixes it but that
is not really fixed since it disables something.

Anyway, you are not alone.

Dale

:-) :-)

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"

Old 12-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Claudio Roberto França Pereira

Maybe some use flag inconsistency? Try adding --newuse or -N to your emerge.
Try this: emerge -uavDN world. If this still just pulls
phonon-gstreamer, then there should be some problem in the package
itself.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Dale

Claudio Roberto França Pereira wrote:

Maybe some use flag inconsistency? Try adding --newuse or -N to your emerge.
Try this: emerge -uavDN world. If this still just pulls
phonon-gstreamer, then there should be some problem in the package
itself.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6888730.html#6888730

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 12-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Jeff Cranmer

On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 11:47 -0600, Dale wrote:
> Claudio Roberto França Pereira wrote:
> > Maybe some use flag inconsistency? Try adding --newuse or -N to your emerge.
> > Try this: emerge -uavDN world. If this still just pulls
> > phonon-gstreamer, then there should be some problem in the package
> > itself.
> >

> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6888730.html#6888730
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Thanks for the link.
I tried changing the use flags for phonon to -gstreamer vlc, but for
some reason I'm still getting gstreamer pulled in as use flag
requirement, though it adds vlc. Same error as before.

I'll try -makeopts="-j1", since at the moment I'm running
makeopts="-j6"

Jeff