Old 12-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Neil Bothwick

Default CLI Torrent client(s)?

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:33:02 +0000, Stroller wrote:

> > I'm wondering: what's your recommended CLI Torrent client(s)? And
> > why?
>
> deluge.
>
> I believe that when I checked it was the only client that could be run
> in daemon and client mode.

Transmission also runs as a client/server model. There are various
frontends: text, web, Qt and Gtk, which can connect to a local or remote
server. I used to used Deluge but switched to Transmission a couple of
years ago.

--
Neil Bothwick

If you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?

Old 12-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Érico Porto

any of this torrents has support to RSS rules like utorrent?
Érico V. Porto

Old 12-29-2011, 05:49 PM

Hello!

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 18:07:10 +0700
Pandu Poluan <pandu@poluan.info> wrote:

> I'm wondering: what's your recommended CLI Torrent client(s)? And why?

I've been using Transmission for more than 3 years now, and mostly on
very old and not powerful PCs. For example, it runs on my Pentium-I
processor with 48 MB of RAM without problems. I even tried to run it on
32 MB of RAM and succeeded.
It is the most lightweight torrent-client I know of. And what is also
pleasant about Transmission is its client-daemon structure which lets
you use the UI of your choice. For example, I use the GTK interface on
my local machine and the Web-interface on the remote PC.

Good luck!
Vladimir.

-----
<v_2e@ukr.net>

Old 12-29-2011, 07:34 PM

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 06:07:10PM +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
> I'm wondering: what's your recommended CLI Torrent client(s)? And why?
>
> Rgds,
> --
> FdS Pandu E Poluan
> ~ IT Optimizer ~
>
> Â*• LOPSA Member #15248
> Â*• Blog : http://pepoluan.tumblr.com
> Â*• Linked-In : http://id.linkedin.com/in/pepoluan

Rtorrent is not only a great cli torrent client, it's one of the best
torrent clients, period. Large user base means you will find all you need to
know on the web.

Terry