Old 12-28-2011, 01:21 AM
Andrew Lowe

Default Sharing /home and swap

Hi all,
I usually use Gentoo as my "normal" Linux but a third party app I'm
about to start using only runs on SUSE. To this end, I'm about to set
aside a smaller partition and install the minimal amnount of SUSE I need
to run the app. My question is regarding /home and swap. Is there
anything in my current Gentoo /home and swap that "locks" them to the
Gentoo install or can I share them between the two installs? What I mean
by share is that when I boot up Gentoo can I mount /home and swap and
everything is fully accessible and then reboot into SUSE and once again
mount them and everything is once again fully accessible?

I'm not doing anything "snazzy" such as LVM or encryption, just bog
standard Linux. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew