Old 12-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Mark Knecht

Default Xine plays *.m4v, but won't play the file when renamed to *.mp4

Hi,
I wonder if anyone else here uses xine to play mp4 files? I started
using Handbrake awhile back to rip my DVDs. The default file extension
was m4v so I left it that way and had no problems with xine.

I've just received a new TV full of Open Source software. One of
the things the TV will do is play files off of an attached USB hard
drive, but the TV recognizes a limited number file formats, one being
mp4. My m4v files, when renamed to mp4, play just fine, but are no
longer played by xine.

Anyone have a work around for this?

Thanks,
Mark

Old 12-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Mark Knecht

DISREGARD!

Xine isn't complaining about the file extension, it's complaining
about the directory name.

Sorry for the noise.