Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Dale

Default No manual entry for emerge

Pandu Poluan wrote:

Meh, forgot one very important thing:

echo "MANPAGER="$(which vimmanpager)"" > /etc/env.d/99manpager
env-update
source /etc/profile

Rgds,

I *think* eselect does that faster. ;-)

Dale

:-) :-)

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"

Old 12-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Pandu Poluan

On Dec 24, 2011 7:45 PM, "Dale" <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pandu Poluan wrote:

>> Meh, forgot one very important thing:

>> echo "MANPAGER="$(which vimmanpager)"" > /etc/env.d/99manpager

>> env-update

>> source /etc/profile

>> Rgds,

> I *think* eselect does that faster. *;-)

Well... last time I checked, there's an eselect pager but no eselect manpager.

Or I might have done something stupid :-P

Rgds,

Old 12-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Dale

wrote:

> Pandu Poluan wrote:

>> Meh, forgot one very important thing:

>> echo "MANPAGER="$(which vimmanpager)"" >
/etc/env.d/99manpager

>> env-update

>> source /etc/profile

>> Rgds,

> I *think* eselect does that faster. *;-)

Well... last time I checked, there's an eselect pager but no
eselect manpager.

Or I might have done something stupid :-P

Rgds,

You could be right.* Maybe file a feature request on b.g.o.* That
will give someone something to figure into the plans.* I dunno who
does eselect but I bet it can be added.

Dale

:-)* :-)*

Old 12-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 24.12.2011 14:17, schrieb Dale:
> Pandu Poluan wrote:
>>

>> On Dec 24, 2011 7:45 PM, "Dale" <rdalek1967@gmail.com
>> <mailto:rdalek1967@gmail.com>> wrote:

>> > I *think* eselect does that faster. ;-)
>> >

>> Well... last time I checked, there's an eselect pager but no eselect
>> manpager.
>>
>> Or I might have done something stupid :-P
>>
>> Rgds,
>>

> You could be right. Maybe file a feature request on b.g.o. That will
> give someone something to figure into the plans. I dunno who does
> eselect but I bet it can be added.

Copy the attached file to /usr/share/eselect/modules. When you are happy
with its results, you can add it to your bug report.

Regards,
Florian Philipp
# -*-eselect-*- vim: ft=eselect
# TODO: insert copyright

EDITOR_VAR="MANPAGER"
EDITOR_ENVFILE="/etc/env.d/99pager"
EDITOR_LIST="/bin/more /usr/bin/less /usr/bin/most /usr/bin/vimmanpager"

inherit editor-variable

DESCRIPTION="Manage the ${EDITOR_VAR} environment variable"
MAINTAINER="someone@gentoo.org"
VERSION=0.1

Old 12-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Pandu Poluan

On Dec 24, 2011 8:21 PM, "Dale" <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pandu Poluan wrote:

>> > I *think* eselect does that faster. *;-)

>> Well... last time I checked, there's an eselect pager but no eselect manpager.

>> Or I might have done something stupid :-P

>> Rgds,

> You could be right.* Maybe file a feature request on b.g.o.* That will give someone something to figure into the plans.* I dunno who does eselect but I bet it can be added.

Hmm... I think I'll do just that. In addition, I'll also ask for a 'vimpager' choice for eselect pager, provided that USE=vimpager is enabled.

Rgds,

Old 12-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Pandu Poluan

> Copy the attached file to /usr/share/eselect/modules. When you are happy

> with its results, you can add it to your bug report.

> Regards,

> Florian Philipp

You ninja'd my email...

... but thanks! I'll test your eselect module, and file a bug report.

Rgds,

Old 12-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Stroller

On 24 December 2011, at 12:53, Pandu Poluan wrote:
> If man uses vimpager, it strips out the coloring. vimmanpager activates the necessary incantations to make man output colorful.
>
> That's why I specify additional MANPAGER in env.

Hmmmn… I guess you can customise your own colours, but trying vimmanpager for myself, sys-apps/most gets it right out of the box.

Stroller.