-   -   kdepim-4.7.3 or shall I wait for 4.7.4 (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/613539-kdepim-4-7-3-shall-i-wait-4-7-4-a.html)

Mick 12-24-2011 10:08 AM

kdepim-4.7.3 or shall I wait for 4.7.4

I have held back from an upgrade until I had some free time over the Christmas
hols, because I was fearing the kmail-migrator going belly up and leaving me
with a broken mail client in the middle of a busy week.

Now it's time to consider this upgrade, but I notice the 4.7.4 is in the offing
and would probably go stable (which is what I run) in early January.

Is it worth me waiting until then (by which time I'm back at work) or shall I
just upgrade to 4.7.3 because as far as migration to akonadi is concerned
there's no difference between the two (I think) ?

Also, has anyone tried running akonadi with sqlite3? That's how I've been
running it so far with no discernible problems (despite devs warnings about
sqlite in general being unable to cope with parallel access/read/write calls
from kdepim).
Mick