Old 03-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Grant

Default rate_wlan0= ( "2M" ) not working

'iwconfig wlan0 rate 2M' works for limiting the wireless bitrate, but
I'd like to have this limit applied whenever wlan0 is started.
'rate_wlan0=( "2M" )' in '/etc/conf.d/net' doesn't work on either the
client or router. That syntax isn't documented in net.wireless, but I
did find it with Google. I've also tried it without the parenthesis.
Should I file a bug?

- Grant

Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:25:42 -0700, Grant wrote:

> 'iwconfig wlan0 rate 2M' works for limiting the wireless bitrate, but
> I'd like to have this limit applied whenever wlan0 is started.

You could put it in the postup function of /etc/conf.d/net.

--
Neil Bothwick

Penis Envy is a total Phallusy.