Old 12-19-2011, 12:41 PM
jorge espada

Default Xmonad!

Hi, I'm thinking of giving a try to Xmonad X11/window manager... anyone has experience or*recommendations.Should I use kde or gnome as base.. or relay 100% on xmonadThanks

Jorge E. Espada

Old 12-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Michael Mol

I use 'awesome', another tiling wm. No need to base it off of gnome or kde...Haven't tried xmonad, though.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Jean-Christophe Bach

* jorge espada <espada.jorge@gmail.com> [19.12.2011. @10:41:43 -0300]:

> Hi, I'm thinking of giving a try to Xmonad X11/window manager... anyone has
> experience or recommendations.
> Should I use kde or gnome as base.. or relay 100% on xmonad
> Thanks
>
> Jorge E. Espada

Hi,

I have been using Xmonad for about two years, and I think it is a great window
manager. The first configuration was a bit difficult, but there are a lot of
examples on the web. If you know Haskell configuration will be easier, but it is
not mandatory.

Regards,

JC