Old 12-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Jason Weisberger

Default GMail calling has an echo in Linux, but not Windows

Using either Chromium or Firefox plus google-talkplugin in GMail has
an echo when placing a call. Noise cancellation doesn't seem to work
at all. There is a setting in GMail for turning Noise Cancellation
either on or off, but it doesn't seem to do a darn thing. Anybody
else run into this issue? Is there a piece of software I'm missing on
my system to enable the cancellation?

Thanks!

Jason Weisberger

--
Jason Weisberger
jbdubbs@gmail.com

Old 12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Michael Mol

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using either Chromium or Firefox plus google-talkplugin in GMail has
> an echo when placing a call. *Noise cancellation doesn't seem to work
> at all. *There is a setting in GMail for turning Noise Cancellation
> either on or off, but it doesn't seem to do a darn thing. *Anybody
> else run into this issue? *Is there a piece of software I'm missing on
> my system to enable the cancellation?

Any chance your sound card supports looping its output back around as
a monitor capture device?

--
:wq

Old 12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Jason Weisberger

> Any chance your sound card supports looping its output back around as
> a monitor capture device?

I haven't the slightest clue. I have a SB X-Fi Gamer. The other
piece of information I forgot to leave out was that I'm using a
separate
USB microphone, however I figured noise cancellation was done on the
ALSA or Pulseaudio level, so which driver(s) are being used for the
cards should be irrelevant. However, I could be wrong.

--
Jason Weisberger
jbdubbs@gmail.com

Old 12-18-2011, 05:32 PM