Old 12-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Joseph

Default The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured,

I have this strange problem with phpmyadmin, error:
The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features
have been deactivated. To find out why click here.

I solve it in the past by generating phpmyadmin database and controluser, instruction in
this link:

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=335580.0

Though I'm going through this procedure again and it doesn't work.

my config.ing.php

/* Servers configuration */
$i = 0;

/* Server: localhost [1] */
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = ';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = ';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = ';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ';

/* End of servers configuration */

$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '4ee6286bdb41d1.96573143';
$cfg['UploadDir'] = ';
$cfg['SaveDir'] = ';
$cfg['DefaultLang'] = 'en';
$cfg['ServerDefault'] = 1;

/* configuration storage */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] = 'phpmyadmin';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'phpmyadmin';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['relation'] = 'pma_relation';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_info'] = 'pma_table_info';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_coords'] = 'pma_table_coords';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pdf_pages'] = 'pma_pdf_pages';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['column_info'] = 'pma_column_info';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bookmarktable'] = 'pma_bookmark';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['history'] = 'pma_history';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['designer_coords'] = 'pma_designer_coords';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['tracking'] = 'pma_tracking';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['userconfig'] = 'pma_userconfig';

--
Joseph

Old 12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Michael Hampicke

Does the mysql user 'phpmyadmin' exist, and does he have access to the
mysql database 'phpmyadmin'? Have you tried connection manually to the
phpmyadmin db?

Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Paul Hartman

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Joseph <syscon780@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have this strange problem with phpmyadmin, error:
> The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some
> extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here.
>
> I solve it in the past by generating phpmyadmin database and controluser,
> instruction in this link:
> http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=335580.0
>
> Though I'm going through this procedure again and it doesn't work.

There is a script create_tables.sql to create all of the additional
tables that it's complaining about. On my system it is located in
/usr/share/webapps/phpmyadmin/3.4.7/htdocs/scripts

Also be sure that if you're upgraded MySQL/MariaDB to run the upgrade
script otherwise it can have weird permissions errors.

And of course test that the phpmyadmin user can actually login and has
been granted the appropriate access to those tables.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Joseph