Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 AM
"Walter Dnes"

Default How do I use LLVM?

And no, it's not because I'm adventurous. Background... I'm trying to
revive an older Dell Dimension 530 (32 bit install) with a Radeon card
that uses a binary blob from the radeon-ucode ebuild/download. When
trying to "emerge xorg-server", it fails with the message...

configure: error: LLVM is required to build Gallium R300 on x86 and x86_64

I understand that LLVM is a "gcc-like" compiler. What is the minimum
amount of stuff that I need to do? Are there any LLVM-compatability
libraries for gcc that would do this build?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>