Old 12-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Frank Steinmetzger

Default Imagemagick and Graphicsmagick blocking each other

Hello,

a number of packages depend on imagemagick, such as Inkscape, Frescobaldi and
some LaTeX related stuff. I wanted to take a look at Octave, but this
positively wants graphicsmagick, which is a fork of imagemagick as far as I can
tell and which conflicts with imagemagick.

Now some of the named packages can use graphicsmagick, it just comes last in
the ebuild’s order of dependencies, but some others can’t. D’ya think this is
worthy of a bug report, since graphicsmagick even has an imagemagick useflag?
Perhaps this could be converted into a virtual to make this easier on a global
scale.

Or would it be too much dependent upon the individual package? I don’t know
anything about graphicsmagick really, or its kind of compatibility
implementation.

Cheers
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

“We all know Linux is great … it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.”
– Linus Torvalds

Old 12-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Francisco Ares

Hi

Not sure how, but I have both installed.* I recall having some dificulties... Let me look for them

Francisco

Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Francisco Ares

Hi again

Theese are my USE flags for both, probably the key is one of them, like, perhaps, having graphicsmagick independent of imagemagick:

# emerge -pvD graphicsmagick imagemagick

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild** R*** ] media-gfx/graphicsmagick-1.3.12-r1* USE="X bzip2 cxx jbig jpeg jpeg2k lcms modules openmp png svg threads tiff truetype wmf zlib -debug -doc -fpx -imagemagick -perl -q16 -q32" 0 kB************************ ************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* *****************

[ebuild** R*** ] media-gfx/imagemagick-6.7.1.0* USE="X bzip2 corefonts cxx djvu fftw fontconfig fpx graphviz gs hdri jbig jpeg jpeg2k lcms lzma opencl openmp png svg tiff truetype wmf xml zlib -autotrace -lqr -openexr -perl -q32 -q64 -q8 -raw -static-libs -webp" 0 kB************************ ************************* ************************* **********************

Total: 2 packages (2 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB

Hope it helps
Francisco

Old 12-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Alex Schuster

Frank Steinmetzger writes:

a number of packages depend on imagemagick, such as Inkscape,
> Frescobaldi and some LaTeX related stuff. I wanted to take a look at
> Octave, but this positively wants graphicsmagick, which is a fork of
> imagemagick as far as I can tell and which conflicts with imagemagick.

It seems you can install graphicsmagick along with imagemagick, if the
imagemagick USE flag ist not set.

Wonko

Old 12-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Frank Steinmetzger

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:59:27AM +0100, Alex Schuster wrote:
> Frank Steinmetzger writes:
>
> It seems you can install graphicsmagick along with imagemagick, if the
> imagemagick USE flag ist not set.

That’s what came to my mind also while I was reading Francisco’s first answer.
Rebuilding without the flag now. Thanks you two.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

Progress means that we know ever more but gain ever less from it.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Willie WY Wong

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 03:37:02AM +0100, Penguin Lover Frank Steinmetzger squawked:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:59:27AM +0100, Alex Schuster wrote:
> > Frank Steinmetzger writes:
> >
> > It seems you can install graphicsmagick along with imagemagick, if the
> > imagemagick USE flag ist not set.
>
> That’s what came to my mind also while I was reading Francisco’s first answer.
> Rebuilding without the flag now. Thanks you two.

It may not be immediately obvious from the description of the USE
flag, since graphicsmagick choose not to add a local use flag
description that better describes its use, but if you read the ebuild,
you'll find that rather than "enabling support for imagemagick", the
flag "imagemagick" in this case means "enable imagemagick
compatibility", which I assume means that it will install the usual
set of tools (convert, identify, etc.) that imagemagick installs.

Obviously this will cause a file collision if you also have
imagemagick installed.

Cheers,

et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton