Old 12-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Tanstaafl

Default New Server, considering hardened, need pointers to tfm...

Hello all,

I'm considering rolling out a new server with gentoo, but wanted to base
it on the hardened profile, but the docs I've read so far all seem to be
a bit vague about all the details.

I've been using gentoo for a while on my hobby server, but I installed
it about 8 years ago, and chose the 'server' profile, and I must say it
has been a real pleasure to maintain, and the only real hiccup I ever
experienced was the mailman update that moved the directories for the
lists without telling me what to do about it (the fix was simple, and
the devs swiftly fixed the lack of post-install docs).

Does anyone know of a good How-To that covers *all* of the bases? Ie,
which model is best - grsecurity, PAX, SeLinux - and how best to
implement it?

Thanks...