Old 03-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Alex Schuster

Default 2 dispatch-conf questions

Hi there!

Question 1: We all have replace-cvs enabled in /etc/dispatch.conf, do we,
because this makes it easy to re-create old config versions. But how
exactly would I get back an older version of a file? I've never seen an
example yet. Would s.o. like to post a little example or point to some set
that actually mentions this?

Question 2: I also have replace-unmodified=yes, but I often see files that I
never even looked at before. What about that?

Thanks,

Wonko

Old 03-30-2008, 05:18 PM
"Benedikt Morbach"

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:
> Question 2: I also have replace-unmodified=yes, but I often see files that I
> never even looked at before. What about that?

That's because dispatch-conf saves every file it processes in it's
archive directory.
When checking if you modified a file, it compares it to the one in it's archive.
So you have to look at each file at least once, because when it is
changed the first time, dispatch-conf does not have the old version

Benedikt