-   -   openchrome, xvmc and mplayer (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/60718-openchrome-xvmc-mplayer.html)

Marc Blumentritt 03-26-2008 03:33 PM

openchrome, xvmc and mplayer

Hi,

I just read on this list, that the x11 driver openchrome for via
chipsets hit the tree. Does anyone know, if mplayer in portage tree is
patched to work with openchrome and xvmc?

Regards,
Marc

Uwe Thiem 03-26-2008 04:46 PM

On Wednesday 26 March 2008, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just read on this list, that the x11 driver openchrome for via
> chipsets hit the tree. Does anyone know, if mplayer in portage tree
> is patched to work with openchrome and xvmc?

It doesn't need to be patched. Just emerge it with "xvmc" and use the
the right vo.

Uwe

--
Informal Linux Group Namibia:
http://www.linux.org.na/

Marc Blumentritt 03-27-2008 07:18 AM

Uwe Thiem schrieb:

I just read on this list, that the x11 driver openchrome for via
chipsets hit the tree. Does anyone know, if mplayer in portage tree
is patched to work with openchrome and xvmc?

It doesn't need to be patched. Just emerge it with "xvmc" and use the
the right vo.

That's good news. In November 2007 you still had to patch mplayer.
Thanks for the news.

Marc