Old 12-06-2011, 03:16 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default zeitgeist in Gnome 3

Anyone using that?

I see three pkgs in portage:

dev-libs/libzeitgeist
gnome-extra/zeitgeist
gnome-extra/zeitgeist-datahub

This allows me to use this extension:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/33/jump-lists/

but afai see it only works with libreoffice right now, but not with
other applications like thunderbird.

I wonder if I need gnome-activity-journal for that (not in portage or
the gnome-overlay)?

Or is that so far not yet available in gnome-3.2?

Stefan

Old 12-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Aljosha Papsch

Am Dienstag, den 06.12.2011, 17:16 +0100 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Anyone using that?
>
> I see three pkgs in portage:
>
> dev-libs/libzeitgeist
> gnome-extra/zeitgeist
> gnome-extra/zeitgeist-datahub
>
> This allows me to use this extension:
>
> https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/33/jump-lists/
>
> but afai see it only works with libreoffice right now, but not with
> other applications like thunderbird.
>
> I wonder if I need gnome-activity-journal for that (not in portage or
> the gnome-overlay)?
>
> Or is that so far not yet available in gnome-3.2?
>
> Stefan

Applications need to support zeitgeist. If an application do not support
it (Thunderbird most certainly doesn't), files and activities simply
don't get recorded. For example, opening files in Nautilus will track
opened files but doing something on the shell will not.

Regards

Old 12-06-2011, 05:22 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 2011-12-06 17:59, schrieb Aljosha Papsch:

> Applications need to support zeitgeist. If an application do not
> support it (Thunderbird most certainly doesn't), files and
> activities simply don't get recorded. For example, opening files in
> Nautilus will track opened files but doing something on the shell
> will not.

That's where zeitgeist-datasources come in?

https://launchpad.net/zeitgeist-datasources

for example for firefox etc

Old 12-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Aljosha Papsch

Am Dienstag, den 06.12.2011, 19:22 +0100 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Am 2011-12-06 17:59, schrieb Aljosha Papsch:
>
> > Applications need to support zeitgeist. If an application do not
> > support it (Thunderbird most certainly doesn't), files and
> > activities simply don't get recorded. For example, opening files in
> > Nautilus will track opened files but doing something on the shell
> > will not.
>
> That's where zeitgeist-datasources come in?
>
> https://launchpad.net/zeitgeist-datasources
>
> for example for firefox etc

I wasn't aware of that project, thanks for the hint! Yes, they seem
to provide data providers for certain applications. A look in the trunk
reveals which applications:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~zeitgeist-dataproviders/zeitgeist-datasources/trunk/files