Old 12-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Gregory Shearman

Default pg_upgrade91 - You must have read and write access in the current directory

In linux.gentoo.user, Joseph wrote:
> I'm upgrading form posgresql 9.0 to 9.1, it seem to the upgrade went OK but when try to transfer the data
> base:
> pg_upgrade91 -v --old-datadir=/var/lib/postgresql/9.0/data/ --new-datadir=/var/lib/postgresql/9.1/data
> --old-bindir=/usr/lib/postgresql-9.0/bin/ --new-bindir=/usr/lib/postgresql-9.1/bin/
> Running in verbose mode
> Performing Consistency Checks
> -----------------------------
> Checking current, bin, and data directories
> You must have read and write access in the current directory.
> Failure, exiting
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Have you checked that you have read and write access in the current
directory before running the command?

I did the upgrade as the "postgres" user and made sure that I ran the
command from a read/writable directory for that user.

Gregory.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Joseph

[...]

Yes, I did "su postgres"