Old 12-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Harry Putnam

Default ECONF behavior

If I wanted to enable something during an emerge using ECONF to add a
./configure option... what is the proper syntax?

I want to enable rootcommit for cvs. I thought I remembered something
like:

ECONF='--enable-rootcommit' USE='server' emerge -v cvs

But when I watch that run I see --enable-rootcommit is not added to
the configure flags.

What have I done wrong? What should the cmdline look like?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Harry Putnam

> If I wanted to enable something during an emerge using ECONF to add a
> ./configure option... what is the proper syntax?
>
> I want to enable rootcommit for cvs. I thought I remembered something
> like:
>
> ECONF='--enable-rootcommit' USE='server' emerge -v cvs
>
> But when I watch that run I see --enable-rootcommit is not added to
> the configure flags.
>
> What have I done wrong? What should the cmdline look like?

Yikes, please disregard this request for help. I used the wrong
wording altogether... it should be EXTRA_ECONF=, not just ECONF=