Old 12-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Dale

Default What is the latest version for a new install

Harry Putnam wrote:

At distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/x86

I see 10.1, 11.0, 11.2

Which is the latest usable?

11.2 should work. I haven't tested it but it should be fine. It will
also have less to update too.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 12-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Vishnupradeep

I have used 11.2. It works fine.
----Linux Blog:*http://xtreme-linux.blogspot.com/Fedora Blog:*http://xtreme-fedora.blogspot.com/

My Blog:*http://sharedonweb.blogspot.com/

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:

Harry Putnam wrote:

At distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/x86

I see 10.1, 11.0, 11.2

Which is the latest usable?

11.2 should work. *I haven't tested it but it should be fine. *It will also have less to update too.

Dale

:-) *:-)

Old 12-04-2011, 02:25 PM
James

Harry Putnam <reader <at> newsguy.com> writes:

> At distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/x86
> I see 10.1, 11.0, 11.2
> Which is the latest usable?

I have always just burned the latest install dvd,
to take shopping and boot up potential computers
and have a spin, right in the store.

The last HP laptop I tried DV7-6178US did not boot
( I even when into the bios to try to get it to boot)
off the dvd (11.2); so that was a new experience for
me.

What instructions are you using to install off of the
11.2 DVD? You can just boot the 11.2 dvd and run gentoo
from the dvd, if you like.

The handbook steps are somewhat different that installing
off of the 11.2 dvd. I ran across some instructions on
installing directly off the 11.2 dvd a while ago, but I
did not try it:

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Install_LiveDVD_11.2_to_hard_disk_drive

hth,
James