Old 12-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Alexander Tanyukevich

Default media-libs/freetype

Is there anybody able to compile media-libs/freetype with USE="-*",
because my one wan't be compiled until USE="static-libs" has been set
up.
ARCH="amd64", CFLAGS="-march=atom -O2 -pipe"

--
Alexander Tanyukevich
atanyukevich@gmail.com

Old 12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
"Albert W. Hopkins"

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 14:10 +0100, Alexander Tanyukevich wrote:
> Is there anybody able to compile media-libs/freetype with USE="-*",
> because my one wan't be compiled until USE="static-libs" has been set
> up.
> ARCH="amd64", CFLAGS="-march=atom -O2 -pipe"

It really depends.. Do you you splashutils, which, e.g., needs
freetype's static libraries. This so you can install the required
utilities in your initramfs.

But the short answer is: it depends.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Mick

On Friday 02 Dec 2011 13:10:09 Alexander Tanyukevich wrote:
> Is there anybody able to compile media-libs/freetype with USE="-*",
> because my one wan't be compiled until USE="static-libs" has been set
> up.
> ARCH="amd64", CFLAGS="-march=atom -O2 -pipe"

No problem here, but I have different CFLAGS:

Installed versions: 2.4.8(2)(19:19:00 11/20/11)(X bzip2 -auto-hinter -
bindist -debug -doc -fontforge -static-libs -utils)

CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"

(on an i7 first generation)
Mick

Old 12-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Dale

Alexander Tanyukevich wrote:

Is there anybody able to compile media-libs/freetype with USE="-*",
because my one wan't be compiled until USE="static-libs" has been set
up.
ARCH="amd64", CFLAGS="-march=atom -O2 -pipe"

I think this is more along the lines of what you are asking for:

USE="-*" emerge -Bv -j1 media-libs/freetype

compiled on amd64 just fine with the following flags:

[ebuild R ] media-libs/freetype-2.4.8 USE="-X* -auto-hinter
-bindist -bzip2* -debug -doc -fontforge -static-libs -utils" 0 kB

Does that help?

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Alexander Tanyukevich

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexander Tanyukevich wrote:
>>
>> Is there anybody able to compile media-libs/freetype with USE="-*",
>> because my one wan't be compiled until USE="static-libs" has been set
>> up.
>> ARCH="amd64", CFLAGS="-march=atom -O2 -pipe"
>>

> I think this is more along the lines of what you are asking for:
>
> USE="-*" emerge -Bv -j1 media-libs/freetype
>
> compiled on amd64 just fine with the following flags:
>
> [ebuild * R * *] media-libs/freetype-2.4.8 *USE="-X* -auto-hinter -bindist
> -bzip2* -debug -doc -fontforge -static-libs -utils" 0 kB
>
> Does that help?
>
> Dale
>
> :-) *:-)
>
> --
> I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
> you interpreted my words!

Yeah.I am sorry..It was during installing xorg-server(yes with -X
option).But when it fails I've tried to just install it. and it was
possible, but after adding static-libs.And it was fresh installation.
And error says that /usr/lib64/libfreetype.la unable to remove shared
object.
never mind. Problem solved, and I am just asking if it's bug or feature.

--
Alexander Tanyukevich
atanyukevich@gmail.com

Old 12-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Dale

[...]

Well, I just figured you needed someone to test with the flags you were
trying to use. So, I did it to see if it would compile on mine or not.
If it failed, then you know it is not just you.

Glad to have helped tho.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 12-23-2011, 10:57 PM
"Walter Dnes"

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 07:58:01PM +0100, Alexander Tanyukevich wrote

> Yeah.I am sorry..It was during installing xorg-server(yes with -X option).

Question... why would you build xorg-server or an X font with -X. My
setup is...

USE="-* X a52 aac bzip2 cxx dga dri exif ffmpeg flac fortran gallium gif intel jpeg mmx mng mp3 mpeg nptl nptlonly nsplugin offensive ogg opengl png posix sse sse2 sse3 ssse3 theora threads tiff truetype vim-syntax vorbis win32codecs wmf xcomposite xpm xv xvid zlib"

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>

Old 12-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 18:57:29 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:

> > Yeah.I am sorry..It was during installing xorg-server(yes with -X
> > option).
>
> Question... why would you build xorg-server or an X font with -X.

Because you don't need X client stuff on a server. USE="X" is for
clients, whether or not they have the server installed.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 01E: Timing error - Please wait. And wait. And wait. And wait.