Old 12-01-2011, 09:43 PM
walt

Default Anyone using libreoffice 3.5.0.0 yet?

I just finished building it on my ~x86 and ~amd64 machines, and I'm
seeing a very annoying bug in localc on both of them.

When I do anything that requires the window to repaint, like scrolling
or zooming, the screen doesn't repaint until I start clicking on the
spreadsheet. And then the screen repaints only in a rectangular area
under the mouse, about 3 x 4 cm. I have to click on every part of the
sheet to get the whole thing properly redrawn. Very strange, and very
annoying.

A quick test of lowriter doesn't seem to show the same problem.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Michael Mol

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM, walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just finished building it on my ~x86 and ~amd64 machines, and I'm
> seeing a very annoying bug in localc on both of them.
>
> When I do anything that requires the window to repaint, like scrolling
> or zooming, the screen doesn't repaint until I start clicking on the
> spreadsheet. *And then the screen repaints only in a rectangular area
> under the mouse, about 3 x 4 cm. *I have to click on every part of the
> sheet to get the whole thing properly redrawn. *Very strange, and very
> annoying.
>
> A quick test of lowriter doesn't seem to show the same problem.
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny?

Haven't seen it specifically with LO (and I don't have that version),
but I saw a similar quirk on Firefox 4 on Windows 7 when Aero was
disabled. It was bad enough that I had to re-enable Aero, despite the
other problems that gave me. I've interpreted this kind of bug as
developers spending too much time using compositing window systems,
and not catching (or forgetting) normal window painting events.

--
:wq