Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 AM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default gnome3 hotkey for searching in overview

Am 2011-12-02 16:57, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> Good to hear. Maybe I will give it a try after doing some snapshot of my
> /-fs ... quick rollback possible ...

emerged it on my thinkpad. Looks good and feels a bit more performant
here than gnome-2 before.

I think I like it on the laptop, here the keyboard-oriented usage makes
more sense to me than on the desktop where I have a "real mouse". I will
keep it that way and see how I like it.

Stefan

Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 03.12.2011 10:51, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Am 2011-12-02 16:57, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> Good to hear. Maybe I will give it a try after doing some snapshot of my
>> /-fs ... quick rollback possible ...
>
> emerged it on my thinkpad. Looks good and feels a bit more performant
> here than gnome-2 before.
>
> I think I like it on the laptop, here the keyboard-oriented usage makes
> more sense to me than on the desktop where I have a "real mouse". I will
> keep it that way and see how I like it.

Decided to migrate my main workstation as well. Clean cut. And fits the
change of hardware somehow ;-)

Looks good so far.

So I might remove all that compiz-related stuff now ...

and look how to run hamster-applet, for example.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:06 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

ah, one more:

Now would be the time to clean up gnome-related config-stuff. I see a
rather long login-time (between entering the password and getting the
started desktop). I also had that under gnome-2 and somehow hoped that
this would magically disappear w/ gnome-3.

What files may I safely remove without losing too much of my useful
setting?

.gconf(d)
.gnome
.gnome2
.gnome2_private

?

Thanks, Stefan

Old 12-13-2011, 02:45 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 04.12.2011 14:06, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> ah, one more:
>
> Now would be the time to clean up gnome-related config-stuff. I see a
> rather long login-time (between entering the password and getting the
> started desktop). I also had that under gnome-2 and somehow hoped that
> this would magically disappear w/ gnome-3.
>
> What files may I safely remove without losing too much of my useful
> setting?
>
> .gconf(d)

moved ~/.gconfd/saved_state aside (when logged out, sure).

It was ~3.8 GB ... no wonder, my home-dir runs full of stuff ...
first login now was quick, I'll see if it stays that way.