Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
maxim wexler

Default ATX PS recommendation

Hi group,

I bought a Coolmax PS which was touted as the latest
and greatest and then it died. When I opened it up I
found the output crowded with puffy, oozing
electrolytic caps, most made by Fuhjyyu. A search for
Fuhjyyu on Google revealed that I'm not alone.

Can somebody recommend a *reliable*, up-to-date PS,
>=400W with a 120mm fan?

Maxim

Old 03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Thierry de Coulon

On Tuesday 25 March 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I bought a Coolmax PS which was touted as the latest
> and greatest and then it died. When I opened it up I
> found the output crowded with puffy, oozing
> electrolytic caps, most made by Fuhjyyu. A search for
> Fuhjyyu on Google revealed that I'm not alone.
>
> Can somebody recommend a *reliable*, up-to-date PS,
>
> >=400W with a 120mm fan?
>
> Maxim

Hi,

I've used several LC6550 "Super Silent" PS without any problem (with AMD
Athlon 64 and AMD Athlon 64 X2 processors). 550W and 120mm fan.

Thierry

Old 03-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Dienstag, 25. März 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I bought a Coolmax PS which was touted as the latest
> and greatest and then it died. When I opened it up I
> found the output crowded with puffy, oozing
> electrolytic caps, most made by Fuhjyyu. A search for
> Fuhjyyu on Google revealed that I'm not alone.
>
> Can somebody recommend a *reliable*, up-to-date PS,
>
> >=400W with a 120mm fan?

enermax?

tomshardware tests PSUs regularly - and enermax are the only ones who never
failed.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Dale

Thierry de Coulon wrote:

I bought a Coolmax PS which was touted as the latest
and greatest and then it died. When I opened it up I
found the output crowded with puffy, oozing
electrolytic caps, most made by Fuhjyyu. A search for
Fuhjyyu on Google revealed that I'm not alone.

Can somebody recommend a *reliable*, up-to-date PS,

=400W with a 120mm fan?

Maxim

Hi,

I've used several LC6550 "Super Silent" PS without any problem (with AMD
Athlon 64 and AMD Athlon 64 X2 processors). 550W and 120mm fan.

Thierry

I just had a Coolmax CP-500T to burn out. I blew the dust out and some
knot head left a rubber band in it and it got caught up in my fan. We
all know what happened about 10 minutes later. Thing did run a while
with 0 cooling tho. I run folding with three hard drives spinning so it
had a good load on it.

I did like the power supply tho. It had a 120mm fan and was real
quiet. I couldn't hear it over the other noise in the case. I do have
several other fans running tho, including the CPU which runs pretty good
too.

This may help some. Lots of links too.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=458204

We feel your pain. :-(

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-26-2008, 01:22 PM
masterprometheus

maxim wexler wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I bought a Coolmax PS which was touted as the latest
> and greatest and then it died. When I opened it up I
> found the output crowded with puffy, oozing
> electrolytic caps, most made by Fuhjyyu. A search for
> Fuhjyyu on Google revealed that I'm not alone.
>
> Can somebody recommend a *reliable*, up-to-date PS,
>>=400W with a 120mm fan?
>
> Maxim

That one is a good choice if you really need 400+W PSU :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

Note : This is my first post to this list. If anything wrong please
inform me (character encoding , fonts, line length)