Old 03-25-2008, 12:14 PM
forgottenwizard

Default intelfb and 945GM

On 19:11 Tue 25 Mar , Sergey Kobzar wrote:
> Hi Wael,
>
> Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 6:56:32 PM, you wrote:
>
> > This One Time, at Band Camp, Sergey Kobzar <tod.zullu@gmail.com>
> >>
> >> No, unfortunately it does not . I've switched to uvesafb. Looks like
> >> I have no other choice...
> > Oh :S too bad, I hoped to have a better performance with mplayer's
> > fbdev output...
>
> That's one of the reason why I wanted intelfb, but got no luck. I'm
> using uvesafb at the moment, but still hope intelfb will be fixed
> soon.

I seem to have missed the start of this thread, but if you don't mind,
could you give me a quick idea on what is broken within intelfb? I've
been debating on switching to it, but keep seeing info on it being
broken, and nothing on WHAT is broken.

Thanks.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:00 PM
forgottenwizard

On 21:42 Tue 25 Mar , Sergey Kobzar wrote:
> >> That's one of the reason why I wanted intelfb, but got no luck. I'm
> >> using uvesafb at the moment, but still hope intelfb will be fixed
> >> soon.
> >>
> > I seem to have missed the start of this thread, but if you don't mind,
> > could you give me a quick idea on what is broken within intelfb? I've
> > been debating on switching to it, but keep seeing info on it being
> > broken, and nothing on WHAT is broken.
>
> I see screen with many scrolling white lines (probably this are kernel
> messages). It looks like problem with synchronization or unsupported
> video mode.
>
> uvesafb works nice.
>
> --
> Sergey

uvesafb works, but it is a bit slow, and requires user-space programs to
run. Its a great peice of code and such, but something that is
kernel-space and able to use hardware effectivly would be even nicer.