Old 11-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Mick

Default ImageMagick

On Monday 28 Nov 2011 00:55:36 Colleen Beamer wrote:
> On 11/27/11 16:28, Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:

> >> This isn't quite what I wanted - you have to add options to the
> >> command. I was hoping to get the graphical interface that I had
> >> before. Please don't tell me they took a great little program and
> >> screwed it up! :-)
> >
> > is /usr/bin/display the program you were looking for?
> > It supports a subset of ImageMagick's functionality.
>
> Thank you!!! This is EXACTLY it. :-) Like I said, haven't used this
> in a while and had forgotten about this!

I was also going to mention /usr/bin/display, but as I wasn't quick enough I
will mention Kim4:

kde-misc/kim4
Available versions:
(4)
(~) 0.9.5 "~amd64 ~x86"
Installed versions: 0.9.5(4)(16:39:44 12/18/10)
Homepage: http://www.kde-
apps.org/content/show.php/Kim+%28Kde+Image+Menu%29?content=11505

in case you are using KDE apps.

Mick

Old 11-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Róbert Čerňanský

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:28:35 +0100
Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 27. November 2011, 17:04:24 schrieb Colleen Beamer:
> > On 11/27/11 15:18, Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
> > > Hi Colleen,

> > > yes It's /usr/bin/convert
> >
> > This isn't quite what I wanted - you have to add options to the
> > command. I was hoping to get the graphical interface that I had
> > before. Please don't tell me they took a great little program and
> > screwed it up! :-)
>
> is /usr/bin/display the program you were looking for?
> It supports a subset of ImageMagick's functionality.

There was also another GUI with commands like on this screenshot:
http://tuxradar.com/files/imagemagick-1.png but I do not remember how
to launch it. :-)

Robert

--
Róbert Čerňanský
E-mail: hslists2@zoznam.sk

Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Philip Webb

111128 Róbert Čerňanský wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 27. November 2011, 17:04:24 schrieb Colleen Beamer:
>> I used to use ImageMagick to quickly resize images and convert
>> from one format to another (jpg to png, for example),
>> but I'm darned if I can find an executable to run the program.
>> There used to be one in /usr/bin on my old system.
> There was also another GUI with commands like on this screenshot:
> http://tuxradar.com/files/imagemagick-1.png
> but I do not remember how to launch it.

That's 'display'. Use left-mouse to display the menu.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb

Old 11-28-2011, 11:19 AM
"Albert W. Hopkins"

On Sun, 2011-11-27 at 17:04 -0500, Colleen Beamer wrote:
[..]
> > yes It's /usr/bin/convert
>
> This isn't quite what I wanted - you have to add options to the
> command. I was hoping to get the graphical interface that I had
> before. Please don't tell me they took a great little program and
> screwed it up! :-)
>
> Colleen

AFAIK ImageMagick has *always* been a suite of commands, and an optional
GUI client. I have been used ImageMagick as far back as the early 90s
and it's always been that way... perhaps we were using different
ImageMagicks?