Old 11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Samuraiii

Default Apache Php cgi and user_dirs

Hello,

Today Im form morning trying to get working apache 2.2.21-r1 and php
5.3.8 with userdirs mod.

The problem is that apache is capable of opening ~/public_html but
when it gets to open folder with index.php

it fails with this error:

(in browser)

The requested URL /php5cgi/php/~uname/path/to/index.php was not
found on this server.

(in syslog)

[date] [error] [client ::1] File does not exist:
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/php5cgi

php uses:

apache2 berkdb bzip2 cli crypt ctype curl curlwrappers exif fileinfo
filter flatfile ftp gd gdbm hash iconv ipv6 json ldap mhash mysql
mysqli nls phar posix readline session simplexml spell ssl sysvipc
tidy tokenizer truetype unicode xml zlib

apache uses:

apache2_modules_actions apache2_modules_alias
apache2_modules_auth_basic apache2_modules_authn_alias
apache2_modules_authn_anon apache2_modules_authn_dbm
apache2_modules_authn_default apache2_modules_authn_file
apache2_modules_authz_dbm apache2_modules_authz_default
apache2_modules_authz_groupfile apache2_modules_authz_host
apache2_modules_authz_owner apache2_modules_authz_user
apache2_modules_autoindex apache2_modules_cache apache2_modules_dav
apache2_modules_dav_fs apache2_modules_dav_lock
apache2_modules_deflate apache2_modules_dir
apache2_modules_disk_cache apache2_modules_env
apache2_modules_expires apache2_modules_ext_filter
apache2_modules_file_cache apache2_modules_filter
apache2_modules_headers apache2_modules_include apache2_modules_info
apache2_modules_log_config apache2_modules_logio
apache2_modules_mem_cache apache2_modules_mime
apache2_modules_mime_magic apache2_modules_negotiation
apache2_modules_rewrite apache2_modules_setenvif
apache2_modules_speling apache2_modules_status
apache2_modules_unique_id apache2_modules_userdir
apache2_modules_usertrack apache2_modules_vhost_alias ldap ssl

I'm absolutly desprate of this

I do not understand why its looking for php files under
/php5cgi/php/ whe I dont even have cgi enabled in both php and
apache

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Mick

On Sunday 27 Nov 2011 20:36:06 Samuraiii wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today Im form morning trying to get working apache 2.2.21-r1 and php
> 5.3.8 with userdirs mod.
> The problem is that apache is capable of opening ~/public_html but when
> it gets to open folder with index.php
> it fails with this error:
> (in browser)
> The requested URL /php5cgi/php/~uname/path/to/index.php was not found on
> this server.
> (in syslog)
> [date] [error] [client ::1] File does not exist:
> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/php5cgi
>

> php uses:
> apache2 berkdb bzip2 cli crypt ctype curl curlwrappers exif fileinfo
> filter flatfile ftp gd gdbm hash iconv ipv6 json ldap mhash mysql mysqli
> nls phar posix readline session simplexml spell ssl sysvipc tidy
> tokenizer truetype unicode xml zlib
>
> apache uses:
> apache2_modules_actions apache2_modules_alias apache2_modules_auth_basic
> apache2_modules_authn_alias apache2_modules_authn_anon
> apache2_modules_authn_dbm apache2_modules_authn_default
> apache2_modules_authn_file apache2_modules_authz_dbm
> apache2_modules_authz_default apache2_modules_authz_groupfile
> apache2_modules_authz_host apache2_modules_authz_owner
> apache2_modules_authz_user apache2_modules_autoindex
> apache2_modules_cache apache2_modules_dav apache2_modules_dav_fs
> apache2_modules_dav_lock apache2_modules_deflate apache2_modules_dir
> apache2_modules_disk_cache apache2_modules_env apache2_modules_expires
> apache2_modules_ext_filter apache2_modules_file_cache
> apache2_modules_filter apache2_modules_headers apache2_modules_include
> apache2_modules_info apache2_modules_log_config apache2_modules_logio
> apache2_modules_mem_cache apache2_modules_mime
> apache2_modules_mime_magic apache2_modules_negotiation
> apache2_modules_rewrite apache2_modules_setenvif apache2_modules_speling
> apache2_modules_status apache2_modules_unique_id apache2_modules_userdir
> apache2_modules_usertrack apache2_modules_vhost_alias ldap ssl
>
> I'm absolutly desprate of this
>
> I do not understand why its looking for php files under /php5cgi/php/
> whe I dont even have cgi enabled in both php and apache
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sorry for giving an incomplete answer but I am away from a server to look into
this at any depth.

As a quick suggestion there should be a directive like:

<IfDefine PHP...>

in your http.conf or /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf if you are
using virtual hosts, which you would probably need to edit to allow it to read
the necessary ScriptAlias paths and handlers. I'm sure that the apache
documentation explains all this on their website?

I hope this gets you started until someone else gives a more complete answer.
Mick