Old 11-27-2011, 02:02 PM
LinuxIsOne

Default Can one get me that link?

Hi,

Can one please let me know about the difference between the two torrents written at:

http://torrents.gentoo.org/

Since in both the torrents, 'amd 64' is written...?

Thanks.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Vishnupradeep

What is multilib and how can I use it?
Every AMD64 processor is able to run 32bit code as well as 64bit code. However, when you have a 32bit application, you are unable to mix it with 64bit libraries or vice versa. You can, however, natively run 32bit applications if all shared libraries it needs are available as 32bit objects. You can choose whether you want multilib support or not by selecting the according profile. The default is a multilib-enabled profile.

Warning:*Currently you cannot switch from a no-multilib to a multilib-enabled profile, so think over your decision twice before you use the no-multilib profile.

source:*http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-amd64-faq.xml#multilib
----Linux Blog:*http://xtreme-linux.blogspot.com/

Fedora Blog:*http://xtreme-fedora.blogspot.com/My Blog:*http://sharedonweb.blogspot.com/

Old 11-27-2011, 02:49 PM