Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo User (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/)
-   -   Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/603237-gnupg-2-bzip2-preference.html)

Samuraiii 11-26-2011 10:03 PM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
Hello fellow Gentoonians,

I have problem with Gnupg 2 and compress preference on keys.

When I recieve email which is for recipirnt with set compress preference
to BZIP2 Thunderbird (with enigmail) fails to decrypt it due this:

gpg command line and output:
/usr/bin/gpg2
gpg: invalid item `BZIP2' in preference string
gpg: invalid personal compress preferences

As I have set BZIP2 USE as global in make.conf I don't see why is not
working

gpg --version returns:

gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.17
libgcrypt 1.4.6
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128,
CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Hash: MD5, SHA1, RIPEMD160, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, SHA224
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB


I even recompiled gpg but no luck and my bug
(https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=390163)only got Unconfirmed
flag and that's all
I would appreciate any suggestions (disabling BZIP2 preference doesn't
solve problem for me)

Thank you in advance
S

Florian Philipp 11-26-2011 10:50 PM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
Am 27.11.2011 00:03, schrieb Samuraiii:
> Hello fellow Gentoonians,
>
> I have problem with Gnupg 2 and compress preference on keys.
>
> When I recieve email which is for recipirnt with set compress preference
> to BZIP2 Thunderbird (with enigmail) fails to decrypt it due this:
>
> gpg command line and output:
> /usr/bin/gpg2
> gpg: invalid item `BZIP2' in preference string
> gpg: invalid personal compress preferences
>
> As I have set BZIP2 USE as global in make.conf I don't see why is not
> working
>
> gpg --version returns:
[...]

I've re-emerged gpg-2.0.17 (USE="nls bzip2) and cannot confirm this issue.

gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.17
libgcrypt 1.4.6
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128,
CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Hash: MD5, SHA1, RIPEMD160, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, SHA224
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

Regards,
Florian Philip

Mick 11-27-2011 08:21 AM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
On Saturday 26 Nov 2011 23:50:24 Florian Philipp wrote:
> Am 27.11.2011 00:03, schrieb Samuraiii:
> > Hello fellow Gentoonians,
> >
> > I have problem with Gnupg 2 and compress preference on keys.
> >
> > When I recieve email which is for recipirnt with set compress preference
> > to BZIP2 Thunderbird (with enigmail) fails to decrypt it due this:
> >
> > gpg command line and output:
> > /usr/bin/gpg2
> > gpg: invalid item `BZIP2' in preference string
> > gpg: invalid personal compress preferences
> >
> > As I have set BZIP2 USE as global in make.conf I don't see why is not
> > working
>
> > gpg --version returns:
> [...]
>
> I've re-emerged gpg-2.0.17 (USE="nls bzip2) and cannot confirm this issue.
>
> gpg --version
> gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.17
> libgcrypt 1.4.6
> Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> Home: ~/.gnupg
> Supported algorithms:
> Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA
> Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128,
> CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
> Hash: MD5, SHA1, RIPEMD160, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, SHA224
> Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

I haven't remerged mine recently, but I have more detailed compression options
it seems:
===============================
$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.17
libgcrypt 1.4.6
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA
Cipher: 3DES (S2), CAST5 (S3), BLOWFISH (S4), AES (S7), AES192 (S8),
AES256 (S9), TWOFISH (S10), CAMELLIA128 (S11), CAMELLIA192 (S12),
CAMELLIA256 (S13)
Hash: MD5 (H1), SHA1 (H2), RIPEMD160 (H3), SHA256 (H8), SHA384 (H9),
SHA512 (H10), SHA224 (H11)
Compression: Uncompressed (Z0), ZIP (Z1), ZLIB (Z2), BZIP2 (Z3)
===============================

These are the flags that I have emerged it with:
$ eix -l gnupg
[i] app-crypt/gnupg
. . .
Installed versions: 2.0.17(09:22:32 02/20/11)(bzip2 ldap nls -adns -caps
-doc -openct -pcsc-lite -selinux -smartcard -static)
--
Regards,
Mick

"Walter Dnes" 11-29-2011 10:04 PM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 12:03:41AM +0100, Samuraiii wrote

> As I have set BZIP2 USE as global in make.conf I don't see why is
> not working

Grasping a straws here... linux is case-sensitive. Did you really
include "BZIP2" in USE, rather than "bzip2"?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>

Samuraiii 11-29-2011 10:16 PM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
No I know that Linux is casesensitve and in my USE is "bzip2" (as
written here - I just used what is shown in gpg complaint) - so
this is not obviously the problem.

(my whole USE variable content is in provided bugreport...)



And the preference of key is impossible to set wrongly - I did
this on in time when I was on Ubuntu.)



I just cant understand why is bzip2 use ignored by Gnupg - its in
make.conf, by emerge --info is accepted for Gnupg but gpg
--version is not showing this compress prefernce.



S.








On 2011-11-30 00:04, Walter Dnes wrote:

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 12:03:41AM +0100, Samuraiii wrote



As I have set BZIP2 USE as global in make.conf I don't see why is
not working


Grasping a straws here... linux is case-sensitive. Did you really
include "BZIP2" in USE, rather than "bzip2"?





--


Samuraiii

e-mail: samuraiii@volny.cz

GnuPG key ID: 0x80C752EA
(obtainable on http://pgp.mit.edu)

Full copy
of public timestamp block
signatures id- (from ) is included in header of html.

Pandu Poluan 11-29-2011 11:21 PM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
On Nov 30, 2011 6:21 AM, "Samuraiii" <samuraiii@volny.cz> wrote:

>

> No I know that Linux is casesensitve and in my USE is "bzip2" (as written here - I just used what is shown in gpg complaint) - so this is not ob viously the problem.

> (my whole USE variable content is in provided bugreport...)

>

> And the preference of key is impossible to set wrongly - I did this on in time when I was on Ubuntu.)

>

> I just cant understand why is bzip2 use ignored by Gnupg - its in make.conf, by emerge --info is accepted for Gnupg but gpg --version is not showing this compress prefernce.

>

> S.

>


I'm also grasping at straws... but try doing grep -R "-bzip2" /etc


You might have inadvertently disabled bzip2 somewhere...


Rgds,

Samuraiii 11-29-2011 11:34 PM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
No luck, grep didn't returned any results.

S.








On 2011-11-30 01:21, Pandu Poluan wrote:




On Nov 30, 2011 6:21 AM, "Samuraiii" <samuraiii@volny.cz>
wrote:

>

> No I know that Linux is casesensitve and in my USE is
"bzip2" (as written here - I just used what is shown in gpg
complaint) - so this is not ob viously the problem.

> (my whole USE variable content is in provided bugreport...)

>

> And the preference of key is impossible to set wrongly - I
did this on in time when I was on Ubuntu.)

>

> I just cant understand why is bzip2 use ignored by Gnupg -
its in make.conf, by emerge --info is accepted for Gnupg but gpg
--version is not showing this compress prefernce.

>

> S.

>


I'm also grasping at straws... but try doing grep -R "-bzip2"
/etc


You might have inadvertently disabled bzip2 somewhere...


Rgds,






--


Samuraiii

e-mail: samuraiii@volny.cz

GnuPG key ID: 0x80C752EA
(obtainable on http://pgp.mit.edu)

Full copy
of public timestamp block
signatures id- (from ) is included in header of html.

Pandu Poluan 11-29-2011 11:51 PM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
On Nov 30, 2011 7:37 AM, "Samuraiii" <samuraiii@volny.cz> wrote:

>

> No luck, grep didn't returned any results.

> S.

>


Hmm... try remerging gpg?


Rgds,

Samuraiii 12-01-2011 09:06 AM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
I did this before - but tried it again - stil the resolut is same
no bzip2 support

S






On 2011-11-30 01:51, Pandu Poluan wrote:




On Nov 30, 2011 7:37 AM, "Samuraiii" <samuraiii@volny.cz>
wrote:

>

> No luck, grep didn't returned any results.

> S.

>


Hmm... try remerging gpg?


Rgds,






--


Samuraiii

e-mail: samuraiii@volny.cz

GnuPG key ID: 0x80C752EA
(obtainable on http://pgp.mit.edu)

Full copy
of public timestamp block
signatures id- (from ) is included in header of html.

Claudio Roberto Franša Pereira 12-03-2011 01:32 PM

Gnupg 2 and BZIP2 preference
 
Try emerge -pv gnupg.
Maybe the devs had masked the bzip2 use flag for some reason.

Sorry, I'm not in Gentoo right now to assist you more.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.