Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default booting fails, something with openrc?

Am 2011-11-26 14:00, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> lvm2? Should be part of @system? Will look for that now ...

chroot again, re-emerged lvm2, no change.
chroot again, disabled dmcrypt (I don't have anything encrypted now), no
change.

chroot again, now the service-dependencies look a bit different.

migrate-run (what is it) waits for mdraid
and it waits for lvm

and lvm seems to wait for ...... mdraid ??

I booted now with systemd, this is very helpful now! ;-)

I know that openrc has already been re-emerged, how could I have screwed
up those dependencies by unmerging something yesterday?

Stefan

Old 11-26-2011, 12:51 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 2011-11-26 14:30, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> I know that openrc has already been re-emerged, how could I have screwed
> up those dependencies by unmerging something yesterday?

rc-depend and rc-update didn't help so far.
running stuff with systemd is a good enough workaround so far.

Time to get out of the office at least a bit now.

Thanks for any hints on this issue, Stefan

Old 11-26-2011, 01:24 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 26.11.2011 14:51, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Am 2011-11-26 14:30, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> I know that openrc has already been re-emerged, how could I have screwed
>> up those dependencies by unmerging something yesterday?

Oh boy: setting rc_parallel="NO" in /etc/rc.conf did the trick now.
Around 4 hrs of fiddling ... and then it is one "wrong bit".

I don't have an explanation, just the result ... up and running fine now
w/ openrc.

*sigh*

Stefan