Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Stayvoid

Default Fonts.

Hi there!

I have some fonts which are not included in the repository.
How can I install them?

Cheers!

Old 11-26-2011, 11:01 AM
James Broadhead

On 26 November 2011 08:00, Stayvoid <stayvoid@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I have some fonts which are not included in the repository.
> How can I install them?
>
> Cheers!

Bad, works immediately: Put them in /usr/share/fonts

Good: I'm sure that there is a setting for per-user font dirs in ${HOME}

AMAZING: Copy the existing ebuilds in portage, edit them a bit for
your new fonts, then submit them to Sunrise, so that ALL Gentoo users
can use them!

Pick one

Old 11-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Stayvoid

> Bad, works immediately: Put them in /usr/share/fonts
That didn't work for me.

> Good: I'm sure that there is a setting for per-user font dirs in ${HOME}
Could you be more specific?

Old 11-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Jörg Schaible

Stayvoid wrote:

>> Bad, works immediately: Put them in /usr/share/fonts
> That didn't work for me.

/usr/local/share/fonts

Old 11-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Urs Schutz

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:35:15 +0300
Stayvoid <stayvoid@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Bad, works immediately: Put them in /usr/share/fonts
> That didn't work for me.
>
> > Good: I'm sure that there is a setting for per-user
> > font dirs in ${HOME}
> Could you be more specific?

copy the fonts to ~/.fonts/, or make soft links there.

There is a fantastic application (outside portage) for font
management, its called fontmatrix.
The UI of fontmatrix version 0.6.0 is a lot better than
fontmatrix version 0.9.99, which I did not like.
If you use a lot of different fonts for your work,
fontmatrix 0.6.0 is one of the best font managers around.

Urs