Old 11-25-2011, 11:28 PM
"Albert W. Hopkins"

Default Install problem - SATA CD-ROM drive

On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 11:01 +1100, Paul Colquhoun wrote:
> Some research tells me that this is a problem with SATA CD-ROMs, and
> needs a
> kernel configured with the libata module option atapi_enabled=1
>
> Does anybody know of a Live CD that will work with a SATA CD drive?

AFAIK most (all) modern computers that have CDROM drives are SATA, at
least the one i bought a couple of years ago does.. so I'm wondering if
your problem is not that you have a SATA CDROM but something else.

Have you tried boot media other than the Gentoo livecd?

Old 11-26-2011, 10:57 AM
James Broadhead

On 26 November 2011 00:28, Albert W. Hopkins <marduk@letterboxes.org> wrote:
> Have you tried boot media other than the Gentoo livecd?

I see that you have tried the SysRescueCD - have you tried the vanilla
Gentoo LiveCD? I find that it is usually pretty resilient.

In the past, I've found enabling legacy_ide mode helpful -- can't
remember the exact line, but that's enough to start googling