Old 11-20-2011, 01:50 AM
Dale

Default Device notifier and LVM device

Howdy,

As most know, I started using LVM a bit ago. I noticed something odd
tho. KDE's device notifier thingy sees the LVM partition and even gives
the mount/unmount option. This makes me wonder. I'm concerned that I
may click that thing by mistake. I already did it once but luckily I
was downloading a NCIS episode and Seamonkey had it in use. That kept
if from unmounting. None of my other partitions or drives show up
except the LVM one. I do have it set to not show the regular drives but
I guess LVM is not regular. It does show a CD or USB stick as normal
tho. That is all I want it to show really. I have Removable Devices
Only clicked in the settings.

My question is, how to make it not show up in there? I looked and I
can't find anything to prevent it.

Ideas?

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 11-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Dale

Dale wrote:

[...]

LOL This is funny. I fixed it. On the little device notifier thingy,
left click then go to the device you want to hide, right click then
click the hide button. I'm glad I pushed with the wrong finger. My
meds are acting strange tonight. o_O

Now everybody knows how to fix this.

Dale

:-) :-)