Old 11-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Hartmut Figge

Default /usr/portage/packages missing

Greetings

normally using i686 i am discovering now the world of x86_64 on an extra
partition under Intel Core i5. Some astounding differences, but i will
manage.

Now i run 'eclean -p packages' which leads to the information, that
there is no /usr/portage/packages. And indeed, so it is. How to get this
directory and how to fill it?

Hartmut
--
Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/
Von Usern fuer User :-)

Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Pandu Poluan

On Nov 17, 2011 4:07 PM, "Hartmut Figge" <h.figge@gmx.de> wrote:

> Greetings

> normally using i686 i am discovering now the world of x86_64 on an extra

> partition under Intel Core i5. Some astounding differences, but i will

> manage.

> Now i run 'eclean -p packages' which leads to the information, that

> there is no /usr/portage/packages. And indeed, so it is. How to get this

> directory and how to fill it?

That directory *is* normally empty, unless you specify "buildpkg" in FEATURES, or use quickpkg.

Rgds,

Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:03:52 +0100
Hartmut Figge <h.figge@gmx.de> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> normally using i686 i am discovering now the world of x86_64 on an
> extra partition under Intel Core i5. Some astounding differences, but
> i will manage.
>
> Now i run 'eclean -p packages' which leads to the information, that
> there is no /usr/portage/packages. And indeed, so it is. How to get
> this directory and how to fill it?
>
> Hartmut

mkdir /usr/portage/packages

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Dale

Hartmut Figge wrote:

Greetings

normally using i686 i am discovering now the world of x86_64 on an extra
partition under Intel Core i5. Some astounding differences, but i will
manage.

Now i run 'eclean -p packages' which leads to the information, that
there is no /usr/portage/packages. And indeed, so it is. How to get this
directory and how to fill it?

Hartmut

Here you go:

buildpkg
Binary packages will be created for all packages that are merged. Also
see quickpkg(1) and emerge(1) --buildpkg and --buildpkgonly options.

buildsyspkg
Build binary packages for just packages in the system set.

As a example, this is my line from make.conf:

FEATURES="buildpkg sandbox parallel-fetch --keep-going"

That help?

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 11-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Hartmut Figge

Pandu Poluan:
>On Nov 17, 2011 4:07 PM, "Hartmut Figge" <h.figge@gmx.de> wrote:

>> Now i run 'eclean -p packages' which leads to the information, that
>> there is no /usr/portage/packages. And indeed, so it is. How to get this
>> directory and how to fill it?
>
>That directory *is* normally empty, unless you specify "buildpkg" in
>FEATURES, or use quickpkg.

*g* Thanks.

Hartmut

Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Hartmut Figge

Dale:
>Hartmut Figge wrote:

>> Now i run 'eclean -p packages' which leads to the information, that
>> there is no /usr/portage/packages. And indeed, so it is. How to get this
>> directory and how to fill it?
>
>Here you go:
>
>buildpkg
> Binary packages will be created for all packages that are merged. Also
>see quickpkg(1) and emerge(1) --buildpkg and --buildpkgonly options.
>
>buildsyspkg
> Build binary packages for just packages in the system set.
>
>As a example, this is my line from make.conf:
>
>FEATURES="buildpkg sandbox parallel-fetch --keep-going"

And that means, that the directory /usr/portage/packages does not exist
until then. I have created it now and 'eclean -p packages' now behaves
nicely.

Hartmut

Old 11-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 03:17:23 -0600, Dale wrote:

> FEATURES="buildpkg sandbox parallel-fetch --keep-going"

Shouldn't --keep-going be in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS?

--
Neil Bothwick

Vuja De: the feeling that you've never been here before.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Dale

Neil Bothwick wrote:

FEATURES="buildpkg sandbox parallel-fetch --keep-going"

Shouldn't --keep-going be in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS?

It should and it was. I must have pasted it from somewhere and not
noticed it. No need in it being in both places tho.

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)