Old 03-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Norberto Bensa

Default Automatic email deletion

Grant wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how my old email is most likely being deleted? I'm

I didn't know courier does that. We used to have courier installed at work (I
replaced it with cyrus) but it never deleted emails.

Perhaps you have a cronjob?

Regards,
Norberto

Old 03-23-2008, 08:02 PM
"Dirk Heinrichs"

Am Sonntag, 23. März 2008 schrieb Grant:
> Can anyone tell me how my old email is most likely being deleted? I'm
> using courier-imap and postfix. I'd like to keep the old stuff for
> longer than 2 weeks, but I'm not sure where to specify this.

Isn't this a feature of the _client_?

Bye...

Dirk

Old 03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Neil Walker

Grant wrote:

Can anyone tell me how my old email is most likely being deleted? I'm
using courier-imap and postfix. I'd like to keep the old stuff for
longer than 2 weeks, but I'm not sure where to specify this.

Courier-imap NEVER deletes mail in my experience. That is the whole
point of IMAP. Mail is only deleted by the email client.

Be lucky,

Neil

believed to be clean.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Grant

> > Can anyone tell me how my old email is most likely being deleted? I'm
> > using courier-imap and postfix. I'd like to keep the old stuff for
> > longer than 2 weeks, but I'm not sure where to specify this.
> >

> Courier-imap NEVER deletes mail in my experience. That is the whole
> point of IMAP. Mail is only deleted by the email client.
>
> Be lucky,
>
> Neil

So claws-mail is automatically deleting old messages in the Trash
folder? I don't see a config option anywhere.

- Grant

Old 03-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Stroller

Can anyone tell me how my old email is most likely being
deleted? I'm

using courier-imap and postfix. I'd like to keep the old stuff for
longer than 2 weeks, but I'm not sure where to specify this.

Courier-imap NEVER deletes mail in my experience. That is the whole
point of IMAP. Mail is only deleted by the email client.

So claws-mail is automatically deleting old messages in the Trash
folder? I don't see a config option anywhere.

You didn't state _in the trash_ folder in your previous message.
(I guessed, tho'! :P Looks like the other respondents didn't!)

$ sudo grep -i trash /etc/courier-imap/imapd
##NAME: IMAP_TRASHFOLDERNAME:0
# The name of the magic trash Folder. For MSOE compatibility,
# you can set IMAP_TRASHFOLDERNAME="Deleted Items".
# IMPORTANT: If you change this, you must also change
IMAP_EMPTYTRASH

IMAP_TRASHFOLDERNAME=Trash
##NAME: IMAP_EMPTYTRASH:0
# IMAP_EMPTYTRASH is a comma-separated list of folder:days. The
default

# setting, below, purges 7 day old messages from the Trash folder.
# IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:7,Sent:30
# as shown by ls). It is perfectly ordinary to see stuff in Trash
that's
# changed when the file is moved to the Trash folder (and at other
times too).

#IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:7
IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:14,Junk.Possible:14
##NAME: IMAP_MOVE_EXPUNGE_TO_TRASH:0
# Set IMAP_MOVE_EXPUNGE_TO_TRASH to move expunged messages to
Trash. This
# mail from trash. Trash can be manually expunged as usually, and
mail
# will get automatically expunged from Trash according to
IMAP_EMPTYTRASH.

IMAP_MOVE_EXPUNGE_TO_TRASH=0
$

Stroller.