-   -   Basic video editor in portage? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/59847-basic-video-editor-portage.html)

Max 03-23-2008 05:46 PM

Basic video editor in portage?

Hello Grant,

I think Kino is what you want. I have cinellera here, but thats a bit of
an overkill as well. A Gnome alternative is PiTiVi
(http://pitivi.sourceforge.net/).

cu
Max

Florian Philipp 03-23-2008 06:56 PM

Basic video editor in portage?

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 12:22 -0700, Grant wrote:
> I have some video clips I'd like to trim the beginning and end from.
> Is there a simple tool that will do this? I'm emerging lives but I
> think it's overkill for this.
>
> - Grant

You could use mencoder (part of mplayer):

mencoder -ss 1:10 -endpos 1:10:00 -oac copy ovc copy -of avi -o
truncated.avi original.avi

Explanation:
-ss 1:10 skip the first 1 minute and 10 seconds
-endpos 1:10:00 finish at file position 1 hour and 10 minutes (so the
truncated video would be 1:08:50 long)
-oac copy do not transcode the audio
-ovc copy do not transcode the video
-of avi write everything into an avi-container
-o truncated.avi output file

Warning: This simple example doesn't handle additional streams like a
second audio or subtitles. Please refer to mencoder's man-page for
additional options, or ask here ;)

Hope this helps

Michael Sullivan 03-23-2008 06:57 PM

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 19:46 +0100, Max wrote:
> Hello Grant,
>
> I think Kino is what you want. I have cinellera here, but thats a bit of
> an overkill as well. A Gnome alternative is PiTiVi
> (http://pitivi.sourceforge.net/).
>
> cu
> Max
>

> On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 12:22 -0700, Grant wrote:
> > I have some video clips I'd like to trim the beginning and end from.
> > Is there a simple tool that will do this? I'm emerging lives but I
> > think it's overkill for this.
> >
> > - Grant

I like avidemux