Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Galevsky

Default Slim DM and shutdown

Hi,

I am running the display manager slim and I would like to know if it
is possible to get a reboot/shutdown button instead of typing 'halt'
as the login and the root password. Perhaps with a custom theme ?

Thks,

Gal'

Old 03-23-2008, 09:23 AM
"Liviu Andronic"

Hello Gal',

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 11:41 PM, Galevsky <galevsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running the display manager slim and I would like to know if it
> is possible to get a reboot/shutdown button instead of typing 'halt'
> as the login and the root password. Perhaps with a custom theme ?

I would doubt that this is possible. I once feature-requested on the
slim-dev mailing list [1] for the root password to be removed [2], but
dunno if the devels took this into account. Since recently SLiM got
back to active development, it might be worth asking there again.

Regards,
Liviu

[1] slim-dev@lists.berlios.de
[2] https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/slim-dev/2007-October/000076.html

Old 03-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Galevsky

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would doubt that this is possible. I once feature-requested on the
> slim-dev mailing list [1] for the root password to be removed [2], but
> dunno if the devels took this into account. Since recently SLiM got
> back to active development, it might be worth asking there again.

Thanks for you reply Liviu. I am going to ask to the dev team

Gal'

Old 03-23-2008, 02:28 PM
"Liviu Andronic"

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Galevsky <galevsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for you reply Liviu. I am going to ask to the dev team

I myself much hope that they react.
Liviu