FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Max
 
Default unixODBC econf failure

Hello,

After updating gnutls revdep-rebuild would like to update an awfull lot
of packages, including unixODBC. So far no problem but unixODBC does not
compile. After a while it comes up with the following error message:


...
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

!!! Please attach the following file when seeking support:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/work/unixODBC-2.2.12/gODBCConfig/config.log
*
* ERROR: dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
* environment, line 2622: Called econf 'src_compile'
'src_compile' '--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu'
'--with-odbc=/var/tmp/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/work/unixODBC-2.2.12' '--enable-static'
* ebuild.sh, line 513: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "econf failed"
* The die message:
* econf failed
*
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack
if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at
'/var/tmp/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at
'/var/tmp/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/temp/environment'.
*
...

The following gcc is installed:

sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2 USE="doc fortran gcj gtk ip28 ip32r10k mudflap
multislot nls objc objc++ objc-gc (-altivec) -bootstrap -build -d
(-hardened) -libffi (-multilib) (-n32) (-n64) -nocxx -test -vanilla"

Some information about the system:

CPU: Intel P4D Processor Family 15
Gentoo: AMD64

CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

Kernel: gentoo 2.6.24-r3

If any further information is needed to solve the problem i'll be glad
to provide it. Thank you a lot in advance.

cu
Max

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 03-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default unixODBC econf failure

On Saturday 22 March 2008, Max wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After updating gnutls revdep-rebuild would like to update an awfull
> lot of packages, including unixODBC. So far no problem but unixODBC
> does not compile. After a while it comes up with the following error
> message:

<shameless crib of request for more info from the forums>

Please post the output of "emerge --info".

Have you changed any of CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, CHOST or LDFLAGS
in /etc/make.conf recently? Have you changed your profile recently?
Have you upgraded or unmerged ay version of GCC recently? If so, what
was the old value/version and what is the current value/version?

</shameless crib>

also please post 'gcc-config -l'



>
>
> ...
> checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
> checking for C compiler default output file name...
> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> !!! Please attach the following file when seeking support:
> !!!
> /var/tmp/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/work/unixODBC-2.2.12/gODBCCon
>fig/config.log *
> * ERROR: dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12 failed.
> * Call stack:
> * ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
> * environment, line 2622: Called econf 'src_compile'
> 'src_compile' '--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu'
> '--with-odbc=/var/tmp/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/work/unixODBC-2.
>2.12' '--enable-static' * ebuild.sh, line 513: Called
> die
> * The specific snippet of code:
> * die "econf failed"
> * The die message:
> * econf failed
> *
> * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
> stack if relevant.
> * A complete build log is located at
> '/var/tmp/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/temp/build.log'.
> * The ebuild environment file is located at
> '/var/tmp/portage/dev-db/unixODBC-2.2.12/temp/environment'.
> *
> ...
>
> The following gcc is installed:
>
> sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2 USE="doc fortran gcj gtk ip28 ip32r10k mudflap
> multislot nls objc objc++ objc-gc (-altivec) -bootstrap -build -d
> (-hardened) -libffi (-multilib) (-n32) (-n64) -nocxx -test -vanilla"
>
> Some information about the system:
>
> CPU: Intel P4D Processor Family 15
> Gentoo: AMD64
>
> CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
> CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
>
> Kernel: gentoo 2.6.24-r3
>
> If any further information is needed to solve the problem i'll be
> glad to provide it. Thank you a lot in advance.
>
> cu
> Max



--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org