Old 03-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Dale

Default CONFIG_SCSI_WAIT_SCAN=m I don't want modules here.

Hi,

I'm not sure what this is but it keeps setting it as a module. I tried
removing it by setting it to " is not set" but it puts it back to module
when I compile the kernel. I then tried to just let it build it into
the kernel, figuring it just had to have it for some reason, but it sets
it back to module. This is kernel version linux-2.6.24-gentoo-r3 but I
have had this issue on older kernels but have been manually able to
disable the thing.

What is this and why is it so persistent about it having to be there?
I'm fine with it being built in but I just don't like modules. Just one
of my "issues" OK. ;-)

Thanks

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:00:52 -0500, Dale wrote:

> What is this and why is it so persistent about it having to be there?
> I'm fine with it being built in but I just don't like modules.

Then don't set CONFIG_MODULES ;-)

--
Neil Bothwick

KPLA Klingon Radio : All glory, all the time!

Old 03-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Dale