Old 03-19-2008, 12:05 PM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

Default Gentoo Linux Basic commands to begin with

hi

can i have a list of Gentoo Linux basic commands to start with

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 03-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Dale

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

hi

can i have a list of Gentoo Linux basic commands to start with

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

With regard to? There are a lot of commands in Gentoo. Emerge is a
huge one. eix, equery is a couple of others.

The most common commands for me are emerge --sync, I actually use
eix-sync but same thing and emerge -uvDN world. The first syncs the
tree to the latest and the second updates whatever is new.

Your mileage may vary on this.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Dale

Dale wrote:

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

hi

can i have a list of Gentoo Linux basic commands to start with

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

With regard to? There are a lot of commands in Gentoo. Emerge is a
huge one. eix, equery is a couple of others.

The most common commands for me are emerge --sync, I actually use
eix-sync but same thing and emerge -uvDN world. The first syncs the
tree to the latest and the second updates whatever is new.

Your mileage may vary on this.
Dale

:-) :-)

Oh, man is a good one too. man emerge, man equery, man eix etc etc.
Sort of tells you how to use them, if you speak, Greek. That rhyme? LOL

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/index.xml

Old 03-19-2008, 12:33 PM
"Ricardo Saffi Marques"

Oh, man is a good one too.**man emerge, man equery, man eix etc etc.
Sort of tells you how to use them, if you speak, Greek.**That rhyme?**LOL
Always a nice thing to remember to new people using Linux, whatever distro it is:

man man

Regards,

Saffi

--
Ricardo Saffi Marques
Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)

Skype: ricardo_saffi_marques
Website: http://www.rsaffi.com

Old 03-19-2008, 12:45 PM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

Oh, man is a good one too.**man emerge, man equery, man eix etc etc.
Sort of tells you how to use them, if you speak, Greek.**That rhyme?**LOL
Always a nice thing to remember to new people using Linux, whatever distro it is:

man man

Regards,

Saffi

--
Ricardo Saffi Marques
Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)
Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)

Cell: +55 (19) 8128-0435

Skype: ricardo_saffi_marques
Website: http://www.rsaffi.com

Hi

How can i create .tbz2 file

Thanks

Kaushal

Old 03-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Uwe Thiem

On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> hi
>
> can i have a list of Gentoo Linux basic commands to start with

Basic commands for what? If Linux in general, google for "bash". Read
any of the introductions. If Gentoo-specific stuff, read the manual.

Uwe

--
Informal Linux Group Namibia:
http://www.linux.org.na/

Old 03-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can i create .tbz2 file

man tar

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 03-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Mittwoch, 19. März 2008 schrieb ext Kaushal Shriyan:

> How can i create .tbz2 file

touch .tbz2

*SCNR*

Bye...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
D-40468 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733

Old 03-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Mittwoch, 19. März 2008 schrieb ext Kaushal Shriyan:

> How can i create .tbz2 file

Now the real thing:

man tar

HTH...