Old 03-19-2008, 02:34 AM
William Kenworthy

Default Network problem: following gentoo diskless howto for PXE diskless systems

Hi, I am following the gentoo diskless howto for PXE diskless systems
but I cant seem to stop the slave from restarting its network partway
through and losing its root fs (if I have the problem correct).

I am using "config_eth0=( "noop" )" as suggested in the howto but the
network still seems to startup, getting a new dhcp lease with a blank
rootpath=, after which init fails:

#_____________________________________________
ip-config: Complete:
device= ... lot of text that looks ok
bootserver=192.168.1.1, rootserver=192.168.1.1,rootpath=
VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) readonly
kernel panic: - not syncing: No init found. Try passing ...

Hints?
BillK

--
William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au>