Old 09-29-2011, 05:56 AM
"Spidey / Claudio"

Default PulseAudio 1.0-r1 + Skype ==> Garbled output sound

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 00:44, Arun Raghavan
<arun.raghavan@collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 00:20 -0300, Spidey / Claudio wrote:
>> I haven't tried the masked version, but I follow the PA maillist and
>> haven't seen anything like that. I'm forwarding this message to them,
>> let's see what they say about it.
>
> 1.0-r1 isn't masked and has been unleashed on unstable.
>
>> I'll be sure to replicate their messages here in the future.
>>
>> Claudio Roberto França Pereira (a.k.a. Spidey)
>> hardMOB - HTForum - @spideybr
>> Engenharia de Computação - UFES 2006/1
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 22:04, Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > As indicated by the subject, after installing PulseAudio-1.0-r1 the
>> > microphone output is garbled with Skype (2.2.0.35-r1). Downgrading
>> > PulseAudio fixes the problem.
>> >
>> > To be clear, incoming sound is fine (and any other sounds, AFAICT),
>> > the problem is only with outgoing sound.
>
> A bug on http://bugs.freedesktop.org under the PulseAudio product would
> be a good start. Please include the output of 'pactl list', 'alsa-info'
> and whether you face the same problem with any other recording program.
>
> -- Arun

My bad, hadn't synced yet before that post. I'll test it throughly and
tomorrow (today, 29/09) I'll give feedback.
Can you reproduce the reported error? I won't file the bug just yet.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Hilco Wijbenga

On 28 September 2011 22:56, Spidey / Claudio <spideybr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 00:44, Arun Raghavan
> <arun.raghavan@collabora.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 00:20 -0300, Spidey / Claudio wrote:
>>> I haven't tried the masked version, but I follow the PA maillist and
>>> haven't seen anything like that. I'm forwarding this message to them,
>>> let's see what they say about it.
>>
>> 1.0-r1 isn't masked and has been unleashed on unstable.
>>
>>> I'll be sure to replicate their messages here in the future.
>>>
>>> Claudio Roberto França Pereira (a.k.a. Spidey)
>>> hardMOB - HTForum - @spideybr

>> A bug on http://bugs.freedesktop.org under the PulseAudio product would
>> be a good start. Please include the output of 'pactl list', 'alsa-info'
>> and whether you face the same problem with any other recording program.
>>
>> -- Arun
>>

> My bad, hadn't synced yet before that post. I'll test it throughly and
> tomorrow (today, 29/09) I'll give feedback.
> Can you reproduce the reported error? I won't file the bug just yet.

Assuming you're talking to me ... I expect so. Would you like the
"pactl list" and "alsa-info" too? And I assume this is when I've got
PulseAudio-1.0-r1 installed?

I do need Skype working though (I work remotely so Skype is rather
important). Let me know if you need my help and I'll reinstall 1.0-r1
and get you the info.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:09 AM
"Spidey / Claudio"