Old 09-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Tamer Higazi

Default no sound with pulseaudio

Hi!
I have configured pulseaudio according

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/PulseAudio

but I simply have no sound.

The pulseaudio playback volume meter shows me signal, and that the bars
are jumping if I playback a music track.

alsa-plugins (with pulseaudio USE flag)
gst-plugins-pulse

are installed. But I don't know what is being blocked, that I have no
sound output at my headphones.

PS: the headphones are ok.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Tamer

Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Canek Peláez Valdés

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Tamer Higazi <th982a@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have configured pulseaudio according
>
> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/PulseAudio
>

> but I simply have no sound.
>
> The pulseaudio playback volume meter shows me signal, and that the bars
> are jumping if I playback a music track.
>
> alsa-plugins (with pulseaudio USE flag)
> gst-plugins-pulse
>
> are installed. But I don't know what is being blocked, that I have no
> sound output at my headphones.
>
> PS: the headphones are ok.
>
> Any suggestions?

What music player are you using? Did you set or modify ~/.asoundrc?
What Desktop do you use? Is the pulseaudio daemon running?

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México