Old 09-27-2011, 02:42 AM
Nils Larsson

Default Nepomuk is eating my disk space

tisdagen den 27 september 2011 04:18:56 skrev Peter Humphrey:
> Hello list,
>
> My /home partition is 15GB, and the other day KDE warned me it was down to
> 1% free. I found that
> .kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-
> virtuoso.db
> was occupying 12GB, so I deleted it and rebooted.
>
> Today it's already 3GB after only a few days. B.g.o has no virtuosobackend
> or soprano-virtuoso.db bugs. As it's apparently impossible nowadays to
> install KDE without nepomuk and friends, what does the team think is a good
> way to tame this beast? This is an amd64 box, not ~amd64.

You could disable it(search for Nepomuk in systemsettings). That's what I did.
Got tired of nepomukindexer spawning hundreds of instances of itself and
eating all my memory...

Old 09-27-2011, 04:49 AM
Indi

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 03:18:56AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> My /home partition is 15GB, and the other day KDE warned me it was down
> to 1% free. I found that
> .kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-v
> irtuoso.db
>
> was occupying 12GB, so I deleted it and rebooted.
>
> Today it's already 3GB after only a few days. B.g.o has no
> virtuosobackend or soprano-virtuoso.db bugs. As it's apparently
> impossible nowadays to install KDE without nepomuk and friends, what
> does the team think is a good way to tame this beast? This is an amd64
> box, not ~amd64.

Ah, yet another marvelous benefit of using kde.
I suppose you could just create a cron job that deletes it every
night...

--
caveat utilitor
♫ ❤ ♫ ❤ ♫ ❤ ♫ ❤

Old 09-27-2011, 06:14 AM
Peter Humphrey

On Tuesday 27 September 2011 03:42:12 Nils Larsson wrote:

> You could disable it(search for Nepomuk in systemsettings). That's what I

> did. Got tired of nepomukindexer spawning hundreds of instances of

> itself and eating all my memory...

Ah, yes, of course - thanks.

--

Rgds

Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23

Old 09-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Peter Humphrey

On Tuesday 27 September 2011 05:49:24 Indi wrote:

> Ah, yet another marvelous benefit of using kde.

Indeed. I do try Gnome occasionally to see how it's progressing, but I can't get on with it - far too arrogant. And the others I've tried are too skinny to do all the things I want. So it's KDE and like it I'm afraid.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Dienstag 27 September 2011, 03:18:56 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
> Hello list,
>
> My /home partition is 15GB, and the other day KDE warned me it was down to
> 1% free. I found that
> .kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-
> virtuoso.db
> was occupying 12GB, so I deleted it and rebooted.
>
> Today it's already 3GB after only a few days. B.g.o has no virtuosobackend
> or soprano-virtuoso.db bugs. As it's apparently impossible nowadays to
> install KDE without nepomuk and friends, what does the team think is a good
> way to tame this beast? This is an amd64 box, not ~amd64.

well, you can turn it off.
problem solved.

last time I checked, nepomuk took 28mb... yeah megabytes.

And for ram usage: there is a setting for that.

--
#163933