Old 09-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Nilesh Govindarajan

Default FreeType unpatented auto-hinter?

Somebody on twitter told me that Ubuntu uses a special patch for
freetype that improves font rendering manifolds.

So I rebuilt freetype with these useflags: +auto-hinter +bindist

What is the difference between this unpatented auto hinter and the
TrueType BC interpreter?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com