Old 09-22-2011, 12:43 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default otrs

Am 22.09.2011 14:22, schrieb Joost Roeleveld:

> It could be that you're one of the few people actually using OTRS.

phew. I thought it is quite popular. Maybe not for gentoo-users.

> There are 2 older versions in layman overlays:
>
> # eix otrs
> * www-apps/otrs
> Available versions:
> (2.4.7) ~2.4.7[2]
> (0) ~2.4.11[1] ~3.0.10
> {apache2 cjk fastcgi (+)gd ldap mod_perl (+)mysql pdf postgres +rpc
> soap vhosts}
> Homepage: http://otrs.org/
>
> [1] "rion" layman/rion
> [2] "zugaina" layman/zugaina
>
> Either of these might work on your system. At least one of these 2 appear to
> provide the "vhosts" USE-flag as well.

Hm, might give them a try as well.
Saw those already. 2.4.7 didn't work for me (tried a turnkey-appliance
already, problems with german umlauts ... sigh).

> I still have 2.3.3 installed in a virtual host intended for testing when I was
> looking for possible webapps for a friend of mine. But we both then decided it
> was not suitable for his needs.
>
> It does have part of it outside of the Documentroot. As I wasn't too
> interested at the time, I didn't look why it wants to have files in a
> different location.

Thanks for all your information!

I am going the manual path right now, just to get things working asap.
As it is a vm I can easily testdrive one of the mentioned ebuilds in a
clone.

Stefan

Old 09-23-2011, 09:48 AM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 22.09.2011 14:43, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> I am going the manual path right now, just to get things working
> asap.

You know what? Didn't get it working!

I always hit some bug around XML-Parser and couldn't find a solution
anywhere. Even registered on OTRS-Forum, no luck there anyway.

After a day spent on all this I simply deleted the VM and started to
install another distro (the one starting with "U" ;-) ) just to get OTRS
working for the customer asap.

They will check it out now, I might try to get it working with gentoo
later. For now I spent enough time and energy on that issue.

thanks for the feedback anyway,
Stefan

Old 09-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Marius Vaitiekunas

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 22.09.2011 14:43, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> I am going the manual path right now, just to get things working
>> asap.
>

> You know what? Didn't get it working!
>
> I always hit some bug around XML-Parser and couldn't find a solution
> anywhere. Even registered on OTRS-Forum, no luck there anyway.
>
> After a day spent on all this I simply deleted the VM and started to
> install another distro (the one starting with "U" ;-) ) just to get OTRS
> working for the customer asap.
>
> They will check it out now, I might try to get it working with gentoo
> later. For now I spent enough time and energy on that issue.
>
> thanks for the feedback anyway,
> Stefan

As I told you, the best way to install on gentoo is installation from
source. Deb packages have some problem also. If you need an easy
installation via package manager, go with rpm distro.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:24 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 23.09.2011 14:44, schrieb Marius Vaitiekunas:

> As I told you, the best way to install on gentoo is installation from
> source. Deb packages have some problem also. If you need an easy
> installation via package manager, go with rpm distro.

I don't need easy installation, I need a working installation

I really tried my best but it wasn't worth the effort anymore.
And even the otrs-archives don't show a solution to that bug I hit. So
what ...

I consider myself rather skilled in getting things working but this was
just a bad experience ...