FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Adam Carter
 
Default Cant connect to local webserver - ICMP admin prohibited

# netstat -antp | grep apach
tcp 0 0 192.168.1.250:80 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 25577/apache2

# tcpdump -n -i eth0 host 192.168.1.6 and port not 22
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes
21:10:57.011994 IP 192.168.1.6.46161 > 192.168.1.250.80: S
4279617058:4279617058(0) win 14600 <mss 1460,sackOK,timestamp 7007662
0,nop,wscale 6>
21:10:57.037227 IP 192.168.1.250 > 192.168.1.6: ICMP host
192.168.1.250 unreachable - admin prohibited filter, length 36
21:11:06.157052 IP 192.168.1.6.46162 > 192.168.1.250.80: S
3082744432:3082744432(0) win 14600 <mss 1460,sackOK,timestamp 7016807
0,nop,wscale 6>
21:11:06.182781 IP 192.168.1.250 > 192.168.1.6: ICMP host
192.168.1.250 unreachable - admin prohibited filter, length 36

ssh works. Connection from the same client to a third gentoo box
running a webserver works.

Anyone seen this behavior? There's no iptables, the hosts are gentoo
and on the same subnet. I've only seen admin prohibited ICMP from
filtering by cisco ACLs - what could be the problem?
 
Old 09-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Jonas de Buhr
 
Default Cant connect to local webserver - ICMP admin prohibited

>ssh works.

routing should be ok then.

>Connection from the same client to a third gentoo box
>running a webserver works.

what about connecting to the webserver from that third gentoo box?

>Anyone seen this behavior? There's no iptables,

you did check that on both machines, didn't you?
what about tcp-wrappers?

> the hosts are gentoo
>and on the same subnet. I've only seen admin prohibited ICMP from
>filtering by cisco ACLs - what could be the problem?
>
 
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Adam Carter
 
Default Cant connect to local webserver - ICMP admin prohibited

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@gmx.net> wrote:
>>ssh works.
>
> routing should be ok then.
>
>>Connection from the same client to a third gentoo box
>>running a webserver works.
>
> what about connecting to the webserver from that third gentoo box?

Same ICMP response, so its not a client side issue.

>>Anyone seen this behavior? There's no iptables,
>
> you did check that on both machines, didn't you?
> what about tcp-wrappers?

No iptables on any of the boxes. No tcpwrappers.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org